Just Stopping By ..

Just stopping by to see who is still posting here - A few weeks ago I was putting gas in my bus and a guy pulls up to the pump across from me with his VW Suv, smiles, winks and says "I sold out !" haha .. that was funny. I see many names here that I know and it makes me happy to know that not everyone is "selling out" under pressure .. There have been a few times that I have come close and backed out at the very last minute... eBay, Craigslist, sign in the window... Hopefully I will never give up on "Molly" she has a lot of good years left in her.

BTW .. this month she is getting a new interior .. New door panels and headliner - to match her bumpers, of course !!

Diane Whatever

PS .. There was a company that was installing a/c in old VWs .. I think they were in Tampa. Anyone here know the name ?? VW show in November - Maybe I can find them there ..

Reply to
diane whatever

I see you like to experiment with paint schemes. I am working on some Dazzle camouflage designs. Like these below

Great link:

John J

Camoufalge huh ?? Maybe when in a herd of zebras .. The bus was very hippie .. It needed a few coats of paint so I can start fresh ..

Reply to
tHeReALjeWitCH

Hi Diane and welcome back.... don't be a stranger now!

:)

Can't remember the AC shops name. I may need it in the future too, so if you find it, post back here with the contact info and your experiences please.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ya didn't read it One function of camo is to confuse When you are in the periscope sights - confuse

Any other driver that sees you will probably pay real close attention and maybe not turn in front of you

Or have a seizure Whatever works

Reply to
John J

Nice to see you are still around Jan. Are you in Florida ?? You moved here ?? or moved away ?? or am I thinking of someone else ??

I stop in every now and then. Even when I have nothing to say. A few years back I bought a car with air conditioning, I hadn't had a/c in a several decades .. sure is easy to get used to a 'cool' ride, rather when you are driving something other than your 'coooool' ride ..

Cool vs Coooool .... If for some reason one of them had to go, it would NOT be my bus !!

Reply to
diane whatever

I moved here (Altamonte Springs, Orlando area) in 2006 and plan to stay :) Had to leave my 68 bug behind, it's sitting in a garage in Finland, waiting for me to get enough money together to ship it here. They are asking insane amounts of money for beat up rusty 70's beetles here.

I'm getting spoiled with AC too :) We have a 1970 Nova with no a/c, no power steering, no power anything. Man it makes you sweat :)

We have to get rid of at least one car. Hmm. Let's sell the newest one with working a/c so we can keep the Nova :)

I am ashamed to admit it, but we just bought a minivan. :( Even more ashamed to say it's a Ford. :((

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

J.