latest transaxle update

Wanna see something nasty? What shouldn't be in a transaxle?

Well, thats the goopy grey crap that was filling the bottom 1/3 of my old transaxle. Just goes to show ya what salt water IN the transaxle will do for you. I scooped out a BIG handfull of it before I snapped the picture... well I scrubbed up first, didn't want to get my camera all nasty...lol

Pulled the old transaxle today and took off the axle tubes and one of the side covers... What a mess. Actually the transaxle came out in about an hour or so, so it wasn't that bad pulling it. Now to get things cleaned up and get the new transaxle in. Then I will get on the task of re-wiring the car and cleaned up then finally to put in the new engine.... so many things to do, so little time. But I'm sure there are those who like to follow progress... so more pics to come.

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

1966 Type I
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Reply to
dragenwagen

ok i got the clutch issue worked out, now to clean everything up and start to get the transaxle backing the car. But first I want to get everything clean. I got some POR-15 and I am going to do the underside of the luggage tray and some other places while I have everything out. Then I will do the floor boards. I can't pull the whole car apart right now, but it would be nice to get it back in to tip top shape. that's going to have to wait. But atleast the whole engine/drive line will be new.

Reply to
dragenwagen