Leaky freakin; master cylinder plug

I have this reoccuring problem with the master cyl plug on my '66 bug, with stock mc. The black rubber plug which the tube from the reservoir feeds into leaks. I have replaced the mc, the plug, the plug and the mc and still iget this leak. It will go away for awhile and then comes back. Anyone else experience this? I am ready to switch over to the safer dual system. I imagine it is a bolt in right? I just need to fit the reservoir in right?

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

It's not just a bolt in. You need the new reservoir and the tubes (2 tubes) that come down to the reservoir. Then you need the hoses that connect the tubes to the reservoir and the MC. The line to the rear brakes will fit just as before, but the front circuit lines may not reach, so you may need new ones.

-

Jim Adney