Light engine Smoke....

77 Super Beetle .. Engine appears and sounds to be running ok, however there is a light smoke coming from the right hand exhaust pipe. Any ideas, I?m trying to return the car to daily driver.

Thanks

Reply to
HerdFsu

I don't pretend to know anything about this, but your post got me curious: Doesn't a 75 and up beetle have FI and thus EGR and one of those single peashooter mufflers? (I have a 75 regular and was wondering if they changed it back after that year for some reason since you apparently have two pipes)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Depends where in the world you are !

FI didnt make it to the UK (as stock) for instance. Even on my TIV 2l :-(

Rich

Remco wrote:

Reply to
tricky

How long since the engine ran regularly ?

What colour smoke ?

All the time or worse when you just started up ?

Carb or FI ! ?

What kind of silencer / exhaust system ? (most stock are linked internally to both sides !)

Rich

HerdFsu wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Aha! Thanks for the clarification, Rich.

Reply to
Remco