little OT: Bunnies and cats and Puma

Bunnies make poor pets for cats. My daughter-in-law gave a bunny to my Canadian lynx because she felt sorry for her having to eat the food I give her and she said it was not natural for them not to hunt. I think she just wanted to "see" a kill. Anyway, my lynx liked the bunny and don't kill it so I had to buy food for another animal. After several weeks the rabbit must have pissed the cat off as his head was missing one morning when I checked in on the "wild bunch". Discussing this with another large cat owner living a few miles away (African lions), she related a similar story except even sadder as her lioness loved her bunny and kept licking it even though it was screaming because a lions tongue is like broken glass. It is impossible to take away something like this from the lioness so to escape the terrible noise, she went back to the house where she could not hear the pathetic cries. The next morning she could hear the bunny still pleading as she approached the area. To her horror the lioness had licked the entire top of its head off to the skull including the ears and was still clutching and licking the screaming bunny. Quite a mental picture, eh? Just had to share it and it is kind of ACVW related as I did get the owner of the other big cats to agree to have her Puma kitty pose with my Puma auto in a couple of months for a photo shoot. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Golly. That's disturbing.

Reply to
Shag

several

missing

something

newsgroup?That story shoud be posted on the"Losers with Lions" group or would that be the "losers with Lynx " group?

Reply to
fred67bug

the purpose is to share his story with his friends...it was no intended for you....you are guilty of reading it without permission....you will need to forward 50 USD cash to Dennis at once to avoid jailtime...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The purpose of the post was that I was sharing a true story with my group... The little OT means that the story about the rabbits was mixed with the ACVW news that I had secured a live Puma (cougar) to pose for photos with my car. I didn't intend to be called a" looser with a lynx" or sarcasm. If you don't want to read OT "Off Topic" , then don't read it. If you do read it and don't like it, tough shit ladies. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) wrote in news:4135-422741EE-229 @storefull-3152.bay.webtv.net:

Seems reasonable with air-cooled season still a few months away. My news is that I start a new job Monday.

I didn't know that rabbits could scream.

Reply to
cloud8

....if you didn't know you *really* don't know. It is a very disturbing sound. =-)

...Gareth (who lived on a farm with a german shepard who occasionally caught a rabbit)

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

You wouldn't believe how loud they can squeal when caught under an electric fence...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
*gulp* Just don't think about that lion licking that one rabbit down to the skull while you listen to those. Glad I could help! :-D

Reply to
Shag

That bitch should have at the very least shot the poor rabbit. She should be arrested for creulty to animals & forced to hear the sound of a rabbit screaming for 24 hours a day for a week! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

Clarisse, do you still hear the rabbits screaming? Look we can have Agent Rabbit's brains for dinner. Nummy.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I'm thinking along the same lines. That was just cruel.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...........Being an A-hole and everything myself, I've been imagining what it would be like to put her in that lion's cage.

.....Good Kitty!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Dennis, come on over and you can have the mountain lion thats hanging around our area. It needs to go someplace else before someone has to shoot it. I've seen it twice now. Last time it was in with 1 of the male llamas. Llama wasn't impressed and chased it off. But 1 of these days that cat is going stand it's ground.

Reply to
Randy

"Randy" wrote in news:1110031154.329586.119500 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

You all are more than welcome to the coyotes that have been hanging around here. This one was caught in a highly developed city 10 mi. from downtown Boston:

A woman on the Cape was attacked by a rabid Coyote a coupla weeks ago:
I guess the mountain lions will be showing up soon... there was a report of a sighting on the North Shore (30 mi. from downtown) in 2003.

Reply to
cloud8

You all are more than welcome to the coyotes that have been hanging around here. This one was caught in a highly developed city 10 mi. from downtown Boston:

A woman on the Cape was attacked by a rabid Coyote a coupla weeks ago:
?/02/18/rabid_coyote_attacks_cape_cod_w?oman/

I guess the mountain lions will be showing up soon... there was a report of a sighting on the North Shore (30 mi. from downtown) in 2003

************************************************************** All the coyotes in our area headed out right after we got the llamas. Coyotes are afraid of them. They caught a mountain lion in the middle of Omaha last year. But according to our state wildlife folks, mountain lions aren't around this area. A hunter even got treed by two of them last fall. They wouldn't let him out of the tree for hours.
Reply to
Randy

of them last fall. They wouldn't let him out of the tree for hours.

********* Don't hunters carry guns? Must have been one wimpy hunter. Or maybe he just didn't want to hurt the kiity-cats. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

Don't hunters carry guns? Must have been one wimpy hunter. Or maybe he just didn't want to hurt the kiity-cats. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

He was out scouting or putting up a tree blind for deer season. Didn't have a gun or whatever with him at the time.

Randy

About 10 or so years back here in Oregon the pita crowd managed to get the regs for hunting big cats made so tough that they're nearly impossible to hunt. The population of cougars has nearly tippled and they're often seen in town. I wouldn't hesitate to pop one if I saw it in town.

It's easy to be separated from your rifle when climbing or traversing rough terrain. My solution is to hunt without my revolver on my hip and I know more and more hunters in this area that do so.

Reply to
Anthony W

The farmers in this area are getting nervous and carrying guns while out doing chores, especially at night. I don't think you can legally shoot 1 here unless you are protecting yourself or livestock.

But back to the original post about bunnies and cats.

We have 4 barn cats who have a pet bunny. They found it when it was just a tiny thing and carried it around like a kitten. Never hurt it. Bunny got to big to carry around but it still hangs out with the cats from time to time. Kind of weird, these cats usually kill the bunnies right away. But they are always bringing their friends home. Not unusual to see them sharing their food bowl with possumns or racoons. These cats must take after their owners and are kind of weird.

Reply to
Randy