Longblocks

Remember those brand new longblocks that Beetlemex had for $1295.00. I got a J.C. Whitney catalog in the mail the other day and was looking through it and they have a brand new longblock, but the price is $2195.00. I guess those cheap engines were a bargain while they lasted.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Weak dollar? Low supply? High demand?

yep should have bought one. hehe

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Try:

Just got a type 4 longblock for my 74 Bus. $1555: 2000CC and Hydraulic lifters.

Not bad. Needed a few minor adjustments. Nothing a weekend couldn't handle.

--SW

Reply to
driver

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Yea but I figured that the T4 would be more coslty than 1600s since they are more rare.

You can still find T1 long blocks for under $1000. Import Motors has em. (site is not really responding well at this time or I'd be more specific.

Reply to
driver

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I got one of the last mexican ones that were out there for something like 1800 (after tax) including new tin for doghouse and a dualport manifold, adapter for a 30 pict, and new engine compartment seals, among a couple of other things. I think the longblock was 1500 (maybe more, maybe less) and came with a one year waranty which is over now. My local shop had one sitting for a year or three. I also got one of the last sets of cooper sportmaster GLT's in the area (for 200$!!!), apparently they are discontinuing them (yipes)... See if you can find a place to get a brazilian one, they're still out there supposedly.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

The Mexican long blocks should be shipping in the thousands this year, so there is not likely to be a problem finding them. The factory, though, keeps putting the price up and that will obviously affect retail. Brazilian long blocks are not so common, in northern parts. They use single relief cases and a strange (not 'bad' just 'strange') head/cylinder combination.

Reply to
Peter

Reply to
User Example

"Ben Boyle" wrote: > Well, those engines can still be had for good prices. I don't > know the BTLMEX situation because the website is still up > a year after he sent out the e-mail saying he was shutting > down. I got one from BTLMEX and am still very happy. > But here's some examples of how the engines still are out > there for not a bad price. >

theres a guy on samba.net selling brand new 1600cc longblocks for 950 and complete turnkey for 1795...not a bad deal

Reply to
HerdFsu