Looking for good VW bone yards in Southeast

Anybody know the location of any good VW bone yards in the Southeast - say in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia? I used to run across good collections of classic VWs out in fields while driving in the country years ago. These seems to be disappearing

Reply to
John Crichton

I'm in NC and have about 50 or so parts cars in my own little junk yard, some of the cars are in good enough shape to fix and put back on the road.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Mitchells' VW Service in Duncanville Alabama has a working bone yard. He is about 9 or ten miles south of Tuscaloosa on HWY 82. he can be reached at:

205-752-0962 Or even JIMs VW in Birmingham. I don't have his number in front of me but he is listed on the Web.

Jeremy

72 Super
Reply to
Jeremy and Lisa Helms

There is Herrell's VW out in Carrolton Georgia.If you go to B'ham, you may as well drive over and see him. He kept some parts cars and sold rebuilts-and did have some Oval stuff too! According to his ad in HVW's he's at 150 Martin Rd. Carrolton, GA (770)836-0749 or toll free (866)-437-7355 and he now has new parts also. I haven't seen him in years now but he used to be a pretty decent fellow to deal with. Good luck, Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

"I'm in NC and have about 50 or so parts cars in my own little junk yard, some of the cars are in good enough shape to fix and put back on the road."

....Hell they likely *were* on the road till their owners dropped them off to be worked on by you....

..Gary

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

There is also Tim's VW in Austell GA.404-941-1870. He has a boneyard and sells parts pretty cheap. They also offer service BUT try to only deal with "Big Tim"(Mr. Nichols, the owner) or "Jr."(his bro-in-law). P-mail me if you need more details. And FWIW, the last time I talked to Mr. Nichols, he said they weren't finding any more "backyard deals" very much anymore. There simply aren't any left....

Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

There is also Tim's VW in Austell GA.404-941-1870. He has a boneyard and sells parts pretty cheap. They also offer service BUT try to only deal with "Big Tim"(Mr. Nichols, the owner) or "Jr."(his bro-in-law). P-mail me if you need more details. And FWIW, the last time I talked to Mr. Nichols, he said they weren't finding any more "backyard deals" very much anymore. There simply aren't any left....

Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate it!

Reply to
John Crichton

Many thanks Snuffy, I'll check him out.

Reply to
John Crichton

I've read the ramva archives and am fully informed about Mario. Don't think I'll be visiting his "boneyard" anytime soon. I guess that's sort of like a Doctor that has his own Cemetery out back behind his office.

John

Reply to
John Crichton