Loud Speakers Under Rear Seat.

I'm looking at the idea of relocating my door speakers to the kick plate under the rear seat. I have new door panels on order & don't wish to butcher them. Has anyone done this? Sound ok?

Reply to
gevans

I'd advise against this; it would lower the sound stage in your car to foot level, and all of the sound would be coming from behind. This would make your music sound pretty muffled. I put some front kick panels in my 73 bug, which go under the dash and allow the speakers to be aimed properly. I got mine from Glass Action; I'm very happy with 'em. They look really nice; I can post some photos soon... once I finish putting in my new longblock and Lizzie gets off of the jackstands! :)

-Brian

snipped-for-privacy@m> I'm looking at the idea of relocating my door speakers to the kick

Reply to
BrianTheDude

I did exactly that. I bought new kick panels so as not to damage the originals. Mount them high to avoid the battery. Use small cones. I used

Reply to
buschky

I agree with brian. Kick panels for the front look good and keep the sound in front of you. Keep in mind that the kick plate is effectivly behind your back and not your head.

If this sounds bad. Think about puting them in the back rear panels and knock out the punch holes that are meant for ash trays. This will at least keep the sound high and in the air.

-raul

Reply to
slugbug

If the engine it working fine, why do you what a radio? Listen the engine sound is one of the best features of the beetles.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

I don't think it would be a good idea. But it makes me wonder, what about putting a small subwoofer there?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

subwoofers are non-dimensional. You can place them anywhere in the car and get generally the same effect. that's why you'll see most subs placed in the trunk of a car.

Raul

Reply to
slugbug

I think you mean "non-directional" or omnidirectional.

................anywhere nthey'll fit.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

My bad

Non-directional.