Lower Torsion Arm Question

1968 front lower torsion arm; what is the size nut that holds the shock on?

Thanks,

Sparks

Reply to
sparks

Heh, forgot to mention it's a Beetle.

Thanks, sparks

Reply to
sparks

Should be 17mm. After ~40yrs, you may find the nut rusted on or the shock bushing rusted to the stud.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Could be many different sized, depending on what th elast person used the last time he replaced the bolt. It is unlikely that you will find original bolts there.

Expect to find 17mm and/or 19mm heads.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks for the replies. Well, I did have the original bolts all bagged and labeled. Soon to be ex-wife decided to ummm, organize some of my stuff permanently. Just trying to figure out what I'm missing.

Sparks

Reply to
sparks