Mario

Probably used a wood screw for the idle adjustment screw. Now I'm wondering if Sherry isn't made out of bondo also.

Reply to
rjmacres

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

And why did you walk away from the reporter?

Do you proof read your pointless replies? They are SO full of spelling errors and bad grammar...

I have deleted most of the crap and left your bad spelling just to point it out. No one is perfect, but it makes you look ignorant.

, yes there was very thick

further would have been a better choice...

abound really?

custome whats that?

LOL!!! bean able to fixed cheap? but insteed? LOL!!!!!!

BUWAAAAHAAAAA!!! makeing (spelled wrong) but DEATH TREATS? what the hell is a death treat?!!!!

this is good.. the Bondo fumes get to you? bad spelling ...their... they are - looks better or how about they're..., steeling, buiseness, compering, lean, and tring

Insteed... what is an insteed?

useing...

hard to believe

Reply to
dragenwagen

Restore:

1 : give back, return 2 : to put or bring back into existence or use 3 : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state : renew 4 : to put again in possession of something

Funny... Most of the FULL restorations I have seen means all the rust has been dealt with, blasted, treated and properly sealed and painted... do you do that? Why do I see rust on the FULL RESTORATION" as YOU call it?

Does the pictures you show make it look like it left the factory? $9k and thats what she got, granted it was a rusty piece of crap 74 super. Hell, if I remember right John H. spent something like $12k on his 57, and it is AMAZING!!!

Reply to
dragenwagen

LOL so much nonsense about bondo, Again I have a shop FULL of proof that I always take out more bondo then I put in a restoration . This fish story will haveing me building a full working model of a super beetle before its done.

Scott You did not see this

the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle backtogether.

And it is anybody that believes I have done anything wrong here is delusional or ignorant or very miss lead.

And Yet Agian everyone that has come to my shop has been given both sides (I know I've even told the "opposite side" and whats been said against me more then even knew what was going on)

Reality check Take a beetle from this area to any genaric body shop and ask them how much it would cost to fix ,( I bet most will not touch it) Just a normal color change with quality base coat /clear coat will cost you $3500 then think what they would do if they didn't have original sheet metal to work with. Not to meantion I've been known to throw in better original parts (for free) ,Or the every day experiance of knowing where the trouble areas are.

I was just reading threads on how some of the people's self restorations were taking years and years (sorry I'm not posting samba threads) John's 57 took 8 yreas and he talked about how if some one wanted to buy it it would cost them 11k+ and hundreds of hours

even mine cost me around 8K to do thats not including all my labor.

This ones going to kill you ready Ask John C how much time it took my to do his 63 and what condition it was in when I left SLC. ( I have pictures) and go and look at the pictures on his site , all he needed was the head liner and body glass to be driving.

Almost 7 days a week I'm helping someone fixing their VW and yes its far more then a job for me so If you even meet me and talk you would understand I'm in this for the love of the hobby not the lol money ( sorry that rumor about VW people and money came to mind)

And I still think its a shame that the beetle was stripped , there are a large number of beetles on the road in worse shape then hers ( If you havent seen this Hood Ride 69? ghia running around Greensboro (Hey Kelly isn't that one of your guys people need pictures of that).

Real Simple find someone willing to come into this area and take over for me, I will walk away if I know my customers will be taken care of.

Sorry to get political but isn't this the same plan that the whole Iraq mess is?

If you closed your mind whats the point.

to me restoration means fix what I have to work with the best I can and treat each one like its rare.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I think I'm finally starting to understand Mario.

In his own little imaginary world, he is known as BondoBoy, superhero. He can fix anything and everything with enough bondo. Nothing is to big for BondoBoy and his shovel fulls of bondo. Not only can he leap over tall buildings in a single bound, he builds those sane buildings out of bondo.

Life must really suck in that imaginary world.

As far as his ramblings, I deciphered the following.

He now has a sheep and he feeds it death treats to make it more submissive.

He only buys 1 gallon can of evercoat bondo a year. The rest of the year he either uses a different brand or more likely just uses drywall mud.

He charges $1.00 for a sheet of sandpaper but has been using the same sheet for years. Either that or he has no clue on how to use sandpaper. Guess he could be using the wrong side of the paper.

He uses GEX as his business model.

His business is worth 70K. I'm having a real hard time trying to figure that out unless he has a shitload of bondo stockpiled someplace.

Reply to
rjmacres

at the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle back> together.

Mario, thise whole thing can be broken down very simply: You charged Joan $9000 dollars for some shoddy repair work, claiming she would get a full restoration. The small amount of repairs you did were complete garbage hack repairs worth nowhere near $9000. You keep claiming her vehicle was 95% done when it left your shop, but what percentage do you allow for the rusted frame head? 5%?? What about all the missing parts and rust bleeding through the bondo?

Bottom line, you ripped her off, your repairs wouldn't even be acceptable at Maaco or Earl Schieb, and you are only fooling yourself if you think any different. You will get what is coming to you sooner or later. I'm sure being married to Sherri is hell in it's own right, but you deserve more suffering than that.

Reply to
Legion of Doom

> at the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle back>> together.

Ouch! I like that! :]

J.

Reply to
Berg

That was Termites Ghia it was as you say HOODRIDE that answers your question. NOT a restoration claim that was a hacked up mess and cost

9k, and should never have been fixed. Since that has been scraped. He is employed by Roush Racing building race cars, thats something you would will never have the talent to accomplish in 100 years. Anymore bullshit comments you need to answer for you and prove your a moron that don't know shit from shineola?
Reply to
metwiz2shop

3:26?am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hey Kelly Calm down think of your blood pressure, how was Bulli Burgade? I would have liked to go but I'm still very swamped. The wife is tring to get me to stop talking to customers because we still have more work then we need.

Tell one of your former employees if their looking for work that I'm still looking for help and if they have great work ethics they don't have to work about long term , the work is always comming in.

Have a nice day

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

11, 3:26?am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ROFLMAO, Someone that has worked for me would never go to work for you as they know your a hack and have seen the proof, They have better ethics than you do, and plus have way more talent than you ever will. IF one of them did you might learn what a real restoration consists of. What you put out ain't it. Don't worry about my blood pressure I'll be around for a lot of years yet. You comment above you didn't do the filler work, then why were you stating that you are a one stop resto business? You still haven't address any of the issues, why do your invoices state all rust removed and replaced with metal when they weren't? Rust proofed when it wasn't ? Why was the windshield area rust filled with filler instead of metal? You just don't grasp what goes into a restoration. you think if its painted and the rust hidden the its a restoration, that just screwing the customer when in 4 or 5 years it has to be done again cause the rust is coming through again and the bondo is falling out. A real restoration is done once and will last another 40 years or more. thats not what you do you charge for a restoration and give a hack job. I got you with this one and you know it. Answer the questions or shut up and fade away. You wouldn't make a pimple on a real restoration businesses ass. Time to stop stepping and fetching and face the music ass wipe.

Reply to
metwiz2shop

Now is that anyway to talk to BondoBoy ? I realize that you were being nice and polite as possible.

But since he is the king of bondo, shouldn't you be referring to him as Mr ass wipe ? Maybe Sir Ass Wipe. Possibly Ms Ass Wipe. Could be King Ass wipe . But whichever it is, it's definitly ass wipe.

Reply to
rjmacres

at the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle back> together.

The whole point to all of this either here or on the samba is that you took 9 grand from a woman and told her you could make it as good as new.As an honest tech.you should have told her the car was not safe or repairable from the first day and either declined the job for safety reasons or told her what it would really cost up front.that car did not leave your shop safe enough to drive on the hiway in any of the 50 states even if you had finished putting it back together.And the last person to touch it would be the first place people look after an accident.You sir were responsable to make the car safe before pretty not the other way around.Maybe your problem is you see the money and not the responsabilty that goes along with it. From a safety stand point you should have declined the job from day one.This is why people should look for state certified shops when having major repairs done. You might consider some state certified courses in your own state on writing a work order correctly and the responsabilitys that gos along with the repairs and that work order. In cal you can take BAR.courses at your local JC.Either hire a Shop manager or service writer or retire untill you learn that safety and honesty are far more important than a few quick bucks and people hating you world wide...

Reply to
low67vdubinnocal

> at the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle back> > together.

I told people that have brought their beetles in for an electrical problem to find worse things like rusted beams and trashed ball joints. even told one guy his ball joints look like they were coming apart with the "I'll get to that next time. T*he very next morning he ended up in a ditch from a broken ball joint.

Now NC doesn't even require any thing older then 72 to be inspected so I'm the first line of defense and my customers will tell you I'm very safety oriented.

Sorry to have to keep repeating my self but If you haven't spent any time at my shop you can't have a clue whats going on.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hey Bondario, if you run a real "restoration" shop why don't you have a paint booth?

Reply to
Scott H

Mario Gavazzi Vintage Werks:

Scott H

all the diversion on your part, and an infinite number of trips to your shop would not change what was seen/done with Joan's car....do you really have that tough of a time understanding that? I dont' care if every job you

*ever* did, or ever will do, is the absolute best available, that job sucked.... You know it, I know it, and nearly every sighted person that saw it, knows it... even a million grade "A" jobs don't give you a "pass" on a crappy sub-sheib job...
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Would you say the same about Picaso or Michael Angelo? I'll say again Joans car is not done to the same quality I do but still was as nice as alot I've seen at shows.

the shame is it was stripped to feed an ego any quality repair shop could have easily taken over and had the beetle back on the road in short order. But hey I'm tring to save as many as I can, In fact I should be sending out 2 more by the end of the week.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

No bondo was used in the writting of this post

Reply to
Kafertoys

absolutely i would..... as far as your statement above it is assinine.... if a Mercedes dealer told me my high dollar Mercedes wasn't as good as it usually is, but is just as good as most Chevy Cobalts, i'd find that unacceptable too.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hey guys, I found a picture of Mario and the dumb ass "he supposedly hired to slather the Bondo" on Joans car. But I need help to figure out which is which.

Is Mario > > > >

> > at the show piled with all the new parts to put the beetle back> > > together.

Reply to
Karl

right?

Karl In a 1000 years you will have people thinking I must have been this mystical creature.

Theres been more talk about me then any one else including Ferdinand Porsche.

Mario

No bondo was used in this post.

Reply to
Kafertoys