Maxi Oil Filter Sump

HOLA!

I just bought a CB Performance Maxi Filter sump for my Beetle and was wondering...does it work in conjunction with the existing screen in the oil sump, so does one remove it and use the Maxi Filter in it's place?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

I wouldn't add any more restriction on the suction side of the pump... bad idea.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yea, you have to remove the screen to install it (if that micron filter doesn't attach to the suction tube whats it gonna filter?)

I Couldn't agree more. For a few dollars more you could have bought CB's in/out maxi pump, some hose, and an oil filter adaptor. heck, aren't you the guy (pete) that works at a VW dealer or something? You could probably rustle up one of those OEM filter pumps that is used on the mexi-beetles. Still not "the best" but spend a hour or so and "blueprint" either pump and you would have a way better setup than the sump IMO. That sumps gonna require constant maintenance (messy at that), or it will bypass and just be a direct open hole sucking up whatever it can. But a stock screen really doesn't need to come out all the time and the spin-on filter is gonna pick up all the crap before it hits the bearings.

Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

Now that I read these responses and look at the unit again, I see that my initial question is somewhat stupid.....Thanks to all that replied!

Regards,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman