May 2004 VW Trends

I need the May 2004 issue of VW Trends (or a scan). I'm looking specifically for the cover articles. I'm wanting to build a VW streetrod (or somthing similar).

Dan

Reply to
on30ng

Isn't it illegal to run with no fenders on cars after a certain year? You may have to go early unless you want to be running from the law all the time (or just going to shows or something like that). Not my taste, and I hate to see VW's chopped up. Try to find one in a junkyard or something, or one that isnt that complete as you will probably be redoing everything with custom stuff anyhow. No need to take the very restorable cars off of the market when you'd have saved some money and already had the thing stripped (saving you a weekend's work and saving somebody else a year or two's work). Try and get a late model (as earlier VW's are getting scarce and later models will work/look the same -- just don't buy a super for this project). I think the cutoff for going fenderless is in the fifties for california (although I could be completely wrong as this is secondhand information). Look into that before doing anything.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

Don't know hadn't thought about the fender issue. I don't know that they'd care around here. As to taste - each to their own. That's why we have so many categories within our hobbies. I'm not overly fond of restore jobs myself. And as for getting a 'good' VW - not likely in central IL, at least not for the price I'm willing to pay. All the junkyards around here crush their cars. I'm going to have to look hard to even find a good 'junk' one. Really my post was just to find an issue of this magazine. Can anyone help me?

Reply to
on30ng

to hell with other's opinions....to each his own...it has been mentioned in the past couple days "get the best example you can find" and that goes for

*any* project...right group?....anyway...my opinion of your project is, if it makes you smile when you drive it, have at it....you want the mag or just some particular scans? i have it sitting on my desk awaiting your reply... Chris
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:41:29 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" scribbled this interesting note:

You make the point very well Chris. The best start for his project may not be the best start for another project. But the one thing we seem to be in perfect accord on has to do with what makes you smile.

John Willis

I would like the cover and all the articles that talk about building a hot rod VW. I actually found an article on the web (not sure if it's that issue).

I think scans would be nicer. If possible.email address is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.comspamTake out the spam (sounds like the line from Monty Python "Do you haveanything with not so much spam in it?").

Reply to
on30ng

i can live with that...isn't that why we do this "hobby" anyway?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

that is indeed the write-up that is contained in the mag...i think the mag has a few more pictures(small and non-captioned) and also has some feature cars of this nature....recently got a new "all in one" scanner/copier/printer contraption, so will have to figure out how to use it...LOL...will try tomorrow(don't want to wake the wife and kid with my cussing if it don't work)....if you want the actual mag you are welcome to it, as i throw them away when they start to get in the way....if you want the mag shoot me an email with your physical address.... email is bugninva AT aol dot com

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

also if you haven't already check out:

Joey Tribiani

YES, I'd love to have the mag. I'll drop you an email. Dan

Reply to
on30ng

NO, I hadn't seen this. Super Kewl! I know what I'm going to be pouring through this afternoon! (Taking a vacation day...) Dan

Reply to
on30ng