Me Again

there have been exactly three folks come forward here in the past to say they had a fair and good experience dealing with Mario... Mario used those three folks as examples many times over.... Kaferdave,

Whoa, hold on there... I never ever said anything about Mario's handiwork, metal finishing, body and paint work or anything of the sort... go back and look, I said I did a "deal" with him, I sent him (Jeez, it was over 10 years ago, I **THINK** this is what it was) an EMPI VDM steering wheel horn button, in exchange for some strange

1958-1964 Type 1 turn signals, they looked like a whale... I don't actually recall seeing any of Mario's stuff, except for once, at Kip Zimmerman's Party in Bradenton, FL,there was a Type 1, and it was dark blue, and it was pretty dark outside, so I really couldn't say for sure if the work was good, or not... I have purposely stayed out of this thread, on here, on the Samba, on the CLF, or anywhere else. Sure, I have my opinions, but I'll keep them to myself.

Love and Mercy,

The VW Magazine Editor formerly known as Kaferdave....

Reply to
kaferdave

shit no that isn't a restoration by your standards, it has no filler in it and no rustholes packed with filler, so you'd hate the car, but all you'd see are the tail lights anyway, so that attempted diversion is as moot as you are, little man..... I'm not the one claiming to do the top notch restorations, you are... tell me about what you see in these pictures or shut the f*ck up:

- news story featuring VintageWerks Restoration

yellow ghia that Mario claimed to be "show winning work"(pictures taken at a show while it was on display)

Mario claimed this 66 to be show quality, here are some pictures he supplied(typical 20 footers he likes to show):

here are some pictures that show a little bit more detail of the show winning work performed by Mario Gavazzi at Vintage Werks Restoration:
more information:

Joey Tribiani

Just out of curiosity... what's the other one?

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Dave, sorry I didn't mean to misquote you... for the record, as I've accurately stated before, Dave stated that Mario needed to refund some of the money he received from Joan... I guess deductive reasoning took over in my mind, because he'd only owe her money back if he didn't deliver what he promised, and we all know in my opinion a rolling rust hole filled with bondo was not what he promised... my only point is the only folks that ever "stood up" for Mario have all stated publically that he owes her money back on that failed abortion...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Unfortunately, Chris, I don't think Mario would know what the truth is if it came packed in a bucked of plastic filler...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Joey, I believe, in retrospect, you're right. I said I hoped Mario would refund some of the money, but my intent was to do some damage control for Mario. I wasn't then, nor will I now, say whether I think the worksmanship is good, or bad, or indifferent. I was hoping that Mario would do so, to out the whole thing to bed, to help his business PR. But of course, nobody needs to listen to me, and I don't mind ;-)

Reply to
kaferdave

I think I listened to you once, but I dont remember what it was. So maybe i didnt.

trey

Joey, I believe, in retrospect, you're right. I said I hoped Mario would refund some of the money, but my intent was to do some damage control for Mario. I wasn't then, nor will I now, say whether I think the worksmanship is good, or bad, or indifferent. I was hoping that Mario would do so, to out the whole thing to bed, to help his business PR. But of course, nobody needs to listen to me, and I don't mind ;-)

Reply to
Trey

Hey, you still got that panel? The Model T is moving slowly, but it's still going... when I have the time I doin't have the $$, and when I have the $$$...

Again, I do remember posting that I felt Mario could do himself some good, by refunding some of the $$ to Joan. That wasn't to imply that his work was sub-par, only to try and get him less flak for his work, and his unwillingness to apparently, from what I have read, make things right. Kafertoys (aka Mario) if you can afford to, I would still ay the same thing, give Joan some of the $$ back, and maybe, just maybe, this whole thing would slowly disappear. I guess, though, if you have all the work and waiting list that you say you do, then maybe it's a moot point. That's all I have to say about that.

Reply to
kaferdave

Hey, you still got that panel? The Model T is moving slowly, but it's still going... when I have the time I doin't have the $$, and when I have the $$$...

Again, I do remember posting that I felt Mario could do himself some good, by refunding some of the $$ to Joan. That wasn't to imply that his work was sub-par, only to try and get him less flak for his work, and his unwillingness to apparently, from what I have read, make things right. Kafertoys (aka Mario) if you can afford to, I would still ay the same thing, give Joan some of the $$ back, and maybe, just maybe, this whole thing would slowly disappear. I guess, though, if you have all the work and waiting list that you say you do, then maybe it's a moot point. That's all I have to say about that.

Reply to
Trey

Guy here in town just opened a barn for the first time in 30 years, and found a 34 Ford Fordor..Edelbrock heads, Edmunds manifold, Top loader trans w/Zephyr gears.... I officially hate him. He won't let me take photos of it, either. I was at our local all-makes car show last weekend, took 1st with the Bug in the VW Class, but even better, I have a line on TWO 55 Ovals, one semaphore, one bullet, one sunroof, one hardtop (not sure which is which yet) and a Ghia that was parked because the canvas top started leaking, and the owner couldn't afford a new top !!!!!! Okay, enough deflection. back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Reply to
kaferdave

Guy here in town just opened a barn for the first time in 30 years, and found a 34 Ford Fordor..Edelbrock heads, Edmunds manifold, Top loader trans w/Zephyr gears.... I officially hate him. He won't let me take photos of it, either. I was at our local all-makes car show last weekend, took 1st with the Bug in the VW Class, but even better, I have a line on TWO 55 Ovals, one semaphore, one bullet, one sunroof, one hardtop (not sure which is which yet) and a Ghia that was parked because the canvas top started leaking, and the owner couldn't afford a new top !!!!!! Okay, enough deflection. back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Reply to
Trey

You can get a business license for a Meth Lab?

Reply to
Rusty Shackelford

Dave, everyone appreciates and respects your opinion, I hope you don't mind....... that said, after all the situations Mario has gotten himself into, only to cry that he is the victim, most of us have lost every shred of diplomacy we might have had...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

PLEASE! Do not feed the trolls!

Reply to