Mechanical fuel sender

After fruitless forum searches (insert usenet plug here), I'm still looking for a fix for my fuel sender.

The rubber boot around the actuator leaks, allowing fuel to escape around the sender.

I can't see putting a garbage white plastic sender in :(

Any tips or links to a fix appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisKlinger

Get a sheet of gasket material from your car parts dealers. Usually a sheet about A4 size for $4-$5 . There are various thicknesses. Got a hole punch for screw holes?. Bit of a fiddle but a set of finger nail scissors helps. Tell the missus ( or girlfriend) you,ve no idea why they are a little blunt..

Reply to
John

Usually a

a hole punch

scissors helps.

a little

Hi John - thanks for the input.

What I have, however, is a leak at the rubber boot that goes around the actuator arm, just below where the gauge cable attaches. I know RTV wont hold up. I'm thinking maybe a thin (i.e. still flexible) coat of PRC/Pro Seal (aircraft fuel tank sealant)

My worry is that, if it's too stiff, it'll just tear the sest of the boot.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisKlinger

Hylomar can tolerate gasoline.