Mini Cooper!

Not quite sure how I ended up on this website as I am quite new to these message boards, anyway thought you might like to know about a very cool car giveaway, Sparks which is a bit like Red Bull but alcholic are giving away the coolest mini cooper all done in silver and orange just like their can - good move Sparks! I have just had to sell my Mini Cooper so the thought of getting one for free is very exciting! Have a look

Joey

Off-Topic... Get with it..

Do mini-coopers have a radiator? Yes, they do.. go away.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

David, relax. He just wandered into the neighborhood.

He needs directions, not a hard time.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

He also needs to know proper netiquette.

And the difference between "website" and "Newsgroup" :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Can't we all just get along? *whiiiiine*

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

Probably the same way you wandered in to the other ones you posted the same thing on.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Uh.

I think this stuff is a Radiator Additive is all.

TBerk

Someone at work today had been told by a local shop that changing the radiator fluid in his car would cost $100. He wanted to know what I knew about radiator fluid.

"I know my car doesn't need any."

:: snicker ::

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Hmmm... I accidently found this newsgroup... I'll tell you whats really cool though. I'm selling this cool product called "X", It's kind of like "K" but different. Anyway we're... Oooops I mean "they" are giving away a 7. and I thought you should know. Visit this website to find out more....blah blah blah... Spam is getting creative... HUH?

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

A hundred bucks to change out the "radiator fluid"? What a ripoff. Its only water and antifreeze, and unless it is years old and turning brown and ugly, why change it at all. Someone is hoping your friend is really stupid. YRFMV

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Doesn't the Harley Botique sell canned Summer and Winter air?

Reply to
jjs

I want to sell dehydrated water in a can. Just add water, stir, serve slightly chilled, yum.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Whats really sad about that is, you would make a fortune.

Randy

RSMEINER

Good thing I don't have to shop there either. They don't stock Roadstar Parts....*8-}

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:38:43 -0700, Thomas Malmevik ran around screaming and yelling:

you are somewhat correct Thomas....you don't need to change it unless it is *years* old...about two....and yes most systems in older cars is simply water and "antifreeze"...some newer vehicles use different and more expensive coolants.... stupid to pay 100 bucks for a flush and fill? maybe...maybe not...depends on the actual service they provide, the owners abilities, and the actual cost to do it yourself... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Also, we bear in mind that they are disposing of the harmful chemicals that you will find in antifreeze. The last time I flushed a car, it was my 80 something Mercury. I disconnected the lower radiator hose, parked over a sewer grate, and stuck a garden hose in the top. Then let it run for a while with water shooting through it. It was flushed! Of course, that's a horrible thing to do. It can seriously cause problems back at the water treatment plant when they pick up the bad stuff in the water. But then again, I was young, and inbetween Bugs.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

Just reminded me of something I saw the other day. My local motor factors are selling "ready mixed" antifreeze - yup, antifreeze that is already mixed with water. It was in a 5 litre bottle, and of course it cost twice as much as the 5 litre bottle of undiluted antifreeze :o)

Reply to
Howard Rose

eBay!!!

Reply to
Howard Rose

I reacall my parents Toyota has a kind of sealed system for radiator fluid. Your only meant to renew it (with a special fluid) every 10 years or so.

Reply to
Howard Rose

"Howard Rose" wrote

I ALMOST fell for that myself. They sell it here in the states now too. I see it at gas stations all the time. At first appearance it seemed like a really good deal. It was maybe 3 bucks less than the auto-parts store price for anti-freeze. Realizing that it was half water made it more like a 5 dollar rip off than a 3 dollar bargain. :-)

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque