More crappy parts

Good gried, the qulaity of VW parts is shockingly bad lately or maybe I;m just ona bad run of luck. I just finished a resto on a '60 ragtop for my wife so I wanted ot make the car as bullet proof as possible so I used all new parts on the engine. The exception was the gennie which was a Bosch remanufactured unit. That gennie lasted all of two minutes before it fried. I replaced it with a nother reman unit from Bosch and that one fried within two minutes. I then ended up buying a brand new unit which has worked fine. So, two days ago I get a call from my wife that the car is acting up, like it is running out of gas. I switch cars with her at work and try to limp it home but to no avail and had to have it towed. Turns out the brand new Brazillian made pump fried after about

2,000 miles of service. I replaced it with a Mexican made unit which according to the FLAPs guy (an old VW dealer parts man) is closer to to the oem design than the Brazillian pump. Anyway the car runs great now, but I am getting pretty sick of the shoddy quality out there in parts land.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Ilambert

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I got the kit and rebuilt my original German fuel pump. Good as new.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Reply to
Bill

Man, do I feel your pain (really)!! I have put up with so much frustration from my '72 Super, and when the "new" parts I get instantly break, I want to go out there and shoot the car...we need to have some posts detailing bad experiences (and good ones)... do not buy - cheap colored Bugpack cv joint boots! wonderful supplier - aircooled.net

Reply to
pmbedard