More the parking brake wisdom

Fired up the van and Puma yesterday (1month set for the van and 6 months for the Puma). Both popped right off and sounded great. I drove the Puma to the gas station and after that hit the road. I noticed it starting to heat and the oil pressure drop over 3000 rpm so I pulled over to check it out. I then noticed the parking brake still on. Only a few miles so no damage but I will be tightening the cables so I won't make a move again like this again.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

href="

">Den's>1977 Puma

You never shared the story of your emergency you had that caused you to engage that brake. Do tell! :-P

Reply to
Shag

No emergency, just parking as God intended. I started it after fueling it and let it run a few minutes while I talked to a couple of people and showed them the car. I engaged the parking brake since I was out of the car and it was running, for obvious reasons of safety. It sounds real good as it idles ya know and I could not let the fans down who had gathered so I let it run. Parking brake for parking, no emergency......I just forgot to dis-engage it. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik