My sand rail needs stronger tie rod ends.

It's just an entry level rig that has a stock link pin front end. I've heard that a set of Ford tie rods will have stronger ends if I ream out where they connect. What model Ford are they talking about?

What would I use to enlarge where they connect at the correct angle?

I've also seen what I think is called a "Heim" joint used instead of the regular tie rod ends. What about this setup and how would I obtain it? Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
vikingfann

I've heard that too... I don't have a specific answer to your question, but you can check out

under "The Off-Road Forum" for lots of info. Try their search engine.

Good luck!

Reply to
Bugzilla

The tie rod ends ARE Heim joints dedicated to a particular use. You might take a look at Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. and see what they have, but I suspect adapting something from the truck world might be better suited to your needs. BTW - solve that inadequate component and you "Up the ante" and move the weak link up a notch! (The Never Ending Story!)

You can do a Google search for heim joints and see what's out there! (Don't drown!)

your question, but

Off-Road Forum" for lots

front end. I've

ream out where