Need Help on Codes

Can any one help me with following codes on VW Jetta 99(old body style)

P0440 P1582 P0411 Check engine light on

I had inspection failed today and wondering if there is any doityourself thing to fix this codes

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Rollers Loft+

P0440 Means Post in the WATERcooled newsgroup

P1582 Indicates your car is laughing at you for having bought it in the first place

P0411 Means sell this POS immediately and go out and buy a Honda

Glad to be of assistance.

-ANT (putting the "ass" into assistance)

Stop that. To reply change my ISP to @hotmail.com

Reply to
ANT

Try posting to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled.

that would be a start.

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

P0440 Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction Can show up if the fuel cap is loose, or you could check the purge regulator valve

P0411 Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected Could be a vacuum leak if the secondary air pump is still working.

P1582 Idle out of range. may be vacuum leak or a bad throttle housing

I recommend posting on rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled though to get better info.

Eric Janzen

Reply to
Eric Janzen

LOL ;o)