Need "smaller" door lock pulls, and "better" window visor clips

Hello everyone,

First - thanks for the carb' advice that you all gave me a few months back. I have made a few adjustments and things seem to be much better now. Or it could be that the warmer weather is doing the trick! Now some questions ...

1) I bought door lock pulls for my 68' bug and they didn't fit. Like every door lock pull I have come across, the threading was too large. The rods that I have seem to use a much smaller threading that anything I could buy off the shelf, and ordering the part for my model didn't help. I am guessing that either the assembly or the doors were swapped/replaced by the PO. Would anyone know how I could get "smaller diameter" pulls from, or what year bug I should order for to get those?

2) I also recently bought a pair of visor clips. The ones I got were a poorly molded rubber materiel. They didn't fit. They were warped. When I tried to bolt them down, one of them split like hot butter. Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD pair of these?

Also -- thanks to the many of you who have posted wiper problems over the years. I was able to determine from reading old posts that a problem I was having with my wipers was because I had removed the rubber separators between the motor and frame (you mean that's not supposed to be grounded there? Woops!). :-)

-Steve Ballantyne

68' Bug
Reply to
steve.ballantyne