Need some parts

Okay, first off..my engine still leaks oil :( Despite my efforts, the same leak I was trying to fix by replacing top-end related seals did not fix the problem. However, I did see that the middle, lower main bearing stud(?), the one with the big nut on it it between #1 and #2...it was wet with fresh oil. And the trail went straight down from there, between the pushrods for #1 and #2. And from there, I found oil on the garage floor. I think I have identified the source of the trouble.

With all of the work completed I didn't create any new problems that I know of, but I didn't fix the one I wanted to, either.

Since I have to pull the engine again, I want to put the flaps and thermostat in, so I figured I would ask again since I have to take it all apart again.

Does anyone have a good, used crossbar that goes between the two sets of cooling flaps for a doghouse style engine? Or, does anyone have a complete set of flaps/bar for a doghouse engine, and want to trade for a set of flaps/bar for a non-doghouse engine? I have the thermostat and bracket, so I think I can probably get by with just a cross-bar piece if the flaps that go into the shroud are the same across all years. The flaps I bought have a wire/cable hook-up on the passenger side, I think that this connection originally controlled the hot-air door on the aircleaner(?) Anyone need that particular revision and want to trade me?

Also, I would like to put in the tinware around the pre-heat tubes for a dual-preheat intake manifold 1974 engine. Yes, its a one year only, one-in-a-million shot but I figured I would ask since I'm here. Anyone have those parts? I have all of the other tinware that I believe my engine is supposed to have. But I don't have those two pieces. Someone threw them away probably 5 or 6 owners ago...(insert sigh of frustration...)

And Merry Christmas to you all ;-)

Also..for the 'other' Chris.....I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Being this close to the holidays I know that makes it even more tough to deal with, but hang in there. You're in my prayers.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Shutter rod and clips Flaps Thermo rod Good used thermo

Try to get them here:

New thermo

Try to get it here:

Sorry to here about the leak at the big case nut.

Why not just slide a big iron frying pan under the engine when you park? The wind won=92t blow that away. Sounds like you will need to strip it down to the case. Do not remove the big nuts. Spray them with B-12 Chemtool to clean them and let dry or dry with hair dryer or hot air gun. Brush some of this gasket sealant on and around the big nuts. Some of it might soak in.

Tighten them to specs. It will still leak but not as much.

Reply to
Jim347a

Chris, can't help with the parts you needed, and hope you've located them by now... thanks for the prayers, really appreciated.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hi Chris - I would stay away from Kafertoys if I were you. He's a thief. See the following:

BE WARNED. MARIO GAVAZZI, AKA "KAFERTOYS" OF "VINTAGE WERKS RESTORATION" IN BURLINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA IS A SCAM ARTIST, LIAR AND THIEF. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:

?v=3DJeQ8UwWPP4Y =A0

Reply to
Meyer