Need to find 1966 Beetle front seats

I'm looking for original style '66 front seats; basic black vinyl. Can't seem to find any online. Anyone have a reasonably priced source?

Roy Kasten

Reply to
rfkasten

Looks like WCM carries them still. $94.35 for a set of black basketweave fronts.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Oops, that's

and part #113-048v-bk

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I'm still confused: is that price just for the upholstery or for the entire seat unit? I need the latter.

Reply to
rfkasten

Sorry, that's just for the covers.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

oh well. I am still looking for the 1966 seats! If anyone knows where I can find the front seats, let me know!

Roy Kasten

Reply to
rfkasten

I'd like to point out that all the repo covers available are made to the 1967 style. - that's without the smooth borders on the seat face, and a slightly different basket weave style.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Early 1967 cars also had 1966 type seats. The locking catch is on the seat base, later 1967 cars had them in the backrest on the side.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

I restored a 1967 VW a few years back. The springs on the front seats were completely worn out so I ordered "used" seats from

The seats I received (used) were in very good shape. I am not aware of anyone who sells new replacement seats for '66 VW. Hope this helps. -Steve D.-

Steve Dussinger '67 VW Bug '71 VW SB cnv.

Reply to
Steve D.

thanks all for the advice! i'll pursue bugcity first thing tomorrow!

Roy

Reply to
rfkasten