needing just a little clarification plz......

Hello, my questions today are these......I just switched my 65 typ1 to

12v and have and alternator with just a B+ and a d+. Is this an internally regulated alternator? my next queston is this.........there is a big red wire on both sides of my engine. The one of them on the right goes to the starter I think and the other one I believe is coming from the ignition switch also there is a small green wire coming from where the one on the left is coming from and this is the d+ I think because it turns on the gen light when I connect it to the d+ terminal on the alternator......I just want to be real sure I'm not screwing anything up as I haven't sone a lot of these conversions....... If the alternator is not an internally regulated alternator could I please get some input on how to install the non-existent voltage regulator? Thank-you ~^*^~
Reply to
onanonAnanda

Yeah, I think you have it all correct.

(Green is/was actually Blue.)

there is more alternator info on my web site.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

thank-you also my starter stays on when I turn off the switch...any suggestions? or really fool proof wiring diagrams? ~^*^~

Reply to
onanonAnanda

also I forgot to ask should the ignition switch, battery positive lead, and alternator B+ all be on the solenoid post on the starter?

Reply to
onanonAnanda

The big stud on the solenoid should have the hefty battery + cable, and the heavy Red wire which goes to the Alternator B+ stud. That's all.

The Red wire from the Ignition switch goes to the push-on terminal on the solenoid.

Up at the Alternator, there is the Red wire from the solenoid, and the Red wire from the loom. Both of these go to the B+ stud.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Had the same problem recently. I had to pull the wires out of the ignition to get it stopped. Then I hot wired it to get home. Replaced the electrical unit at the bottom of the ignition switch; worked wonders. Runs and stops fine now.

Fweem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Tosi