New Radio for my 74 Beetle ?

The old Kraco radio in my 74 has now bit the dust. Looking on the net all the sterio stores say nothing will fit : ( I downloaded some specs for a Montreal Blaupunkt reciever size 170mm by46mm by 170mm deep. The width is ok ,the height is very very close ,the depth i have know idea! Has anyone out there done this? Any suggestions welcome!

Reply to
gevans

Get out the great big file...

Or, look on eBay for an original Sapphire that will fit.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Just about any radio will fit, providing you open up the clamp in the back a bit and cut the opening out a little bit more. My wife has a CD player in the spot that fits fine.

Reply to
carl mciver

The idea is to avoid all the cutting & pasting

Reply to
gevans

Then another vehicle would be the choice.

It's not all that much "cutting and pasting".

However, If you must have a new radio, other than that built specifically for your beetle, consider having the one in your possession repaired. It's well worth it in the long run. Especially if you are into "keeping it original"

Good with that.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®