Nice Seats

My boyfriend drives a 73 convertible that is absolutely beautiful. He has the original stock seats and if I have to go one more trip with a spring up my ass I think I'm going to scream. We saw a beautiful convertible a couple weeks ago that had put in Acura Intergra leather front and back seats. It looked so amazingly classy.

I'm asking for suggestions. What kind of vw watercooled seats will fit? He didn't like the idea of Acura or Honda, but I think I've almost got him convinced that a nice set of leather vw watercooled seats would look amazing.

Thanks Everybody,

Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

original stock seats and if I have to go one more trip with a spring up my ass I think I'm going to scream. We saw a beautiful convertible a couple weeks ago that had put in Acura Intergra leather front and back seats. It looked so amazingly classy.

didn't like the idea of Acura or Honda, but I think I've almost got him convinced that a nice set of leather vw watercooled seats would look amazing.

I heard that the scirocco seats are a direct bolt-on (err.. slide in). I know nothing more...

My 2 recaro SE seats ran me $1400. That was a lot of money. Nice seats.. VERY nice... rather expensive... I find the rear portion of their bracket mount to be an inch too low.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:11:16 -0700, "BugBum" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Too easy. Just plain and simply too easy. :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I am not being sarcastic on the trip to vintage meet the spring was literally up my ass. And he wonders why I'm so grumpy.

Reply to
BugBum

Nope, not going to comment. Nope.

Randy

RSMEINER

i ran crx seats in my beetle for awhile,i took the stock seat bottom and welded the crx seat tracks right on to them.it sits higher,but adjusting the seats was way easier than trying to slide the stock beetle ones back and forth sometimes. russ i did this along time ago and no longer have the car,but i do see the car every year at the great canadian vw show:)

Reply to
Russ

I think he'd probably eat me for dinner if I suggested he put Honda seats in there.

Are you showing this year Russ?

Reply to
BugBum

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It would be worth a try, I suppose. :)

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

I have some 93 Prelude seats that are going in my Ghia this winter.

I plan to fabricate a mount that welds to the tunnel on the inside and the heater channel on the outside. I've always thought the pan is just too flexible to hook a seat to anyways.

http://63.230.74.177/seats/ I will just use rectangular steel stock and make a frame to which the prelude rails will bolt. I can trial fit until it all works before welding the frame in.

BTW, you might measure the width of the seats against the room in the car. It may be pretty snug in a bug.

Max

Reply to
Max

we were just discussing this actually. the plan is to put it in the show (if i can get there eaely enough:) i think i showed up around 9:30 last time and damn near could not get a plac to park. russ

Reply to
Russ

snip

...... but I think I've almost got him convinced that a nice set of leather vw watercooled seats would look amazing.

Watercooled seats ???

I put a pair of Mk 2Golf seats in our beetle. From a four door unfortunately, but get this. Its VW, so the tilting mechanism is still there, just no handle ! I had to realign *ahem* the legs a bit, but otherwise, same mountings.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Hmmm..You really should be driving that'65 to shows..why haven't ya posted a few more pictures???..Don't mess with it's seats though...The

73 ya can mess with!!!(or go to cdn/tire and get a seat wedge.. !!)//later//Patbug from NB
Reply to
Patbug

I had a coworker a couple of years ago who spent a lot of money to get a VW with heated seats, but I've never heard of water-cooled seats. Perhaps you could just put one of those Blue Ice thingies behind your back when it gets too hot - or under your butt as protection against the springs! ;)

Reply to
mez

guys don't be goofs I mean seats form a water-cooled vw.

Reply to
BugBum

I am showing my 65 at the great Canadian show in August. I will try and get some more pics up. The last cruise we went on my batteries died so I got no pictures of her, not to mention it was pouring rain and everyone was in a bad mood. I was hoping someone else would take a couple pictures of her but nobody else finds her "exciting" because she's just a plain jain stock beetle. The boys are all into the slammed on empi's syndrome.

I am not doing anything to her seats, they are original and staying original. I did however pick up a set of stock 65 seats for 10.00 CDN I don't need them but I figured for that price it's nice to have a back up.

Reply to
BugBum

hey, I've really used one of those blue ice thingies. When you're driving nearly two hours to a job interview in a hot, humid SC summer, you need to do something to keep yourself presentable. :)

although I doubt water-cooled seats would work > guys don't be goofs I mean seats form a water-cooled vw.

Reply to
mez