"No garage" classic car insurance available?

Hi,

I'm looking to insure my soon to be 1955 bug. I will NOT be putting

2,500 miles/year on the car, it will be driven to shows and for lesiurely drives only. However since my wife's car has 'custody" of the garage ( part of our deal for me to get this car) I therfore, do not have a garage to keep it in.

I was sure I saw some recent postings from people here who mentioned

1 or 2 classic car insurance companies that did not require the car to be garaged. I was wondering if anyone could provide me the names/conact information. I've searched RAMVA archives for quite a while and could not find the info.

My only other option would be to rent out a garage or space - and this can get a little pricey

Thanks

Matt S

- sorry if this as posted 2x, first time it did not seem as if it went through

Reply to
MATT S.

Not sure that I ever remember seeing classic car insurance without the garage requirement.

I do seem to remember that almost all classic insurance requires that the vehicle be kept in a locked garage and do not specify where. I believe a few companies even require that the garage be located at your primary residence. This excludes rental garages and Lock-N-Store facilities.

Good Luck with your search.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie R.

It's possible that your regular car insurer would cover it under some sort of "antique car" policy. I had my '59 Beetle insured with State Farm. They offer coverage for vehicles that have historic or antique tags and I don't recall them ever asking about it being garaged. (I may be wrong about that) They asked me how much I wanted to insure it for and they agreed to it. My agent took pictures for his records.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

The only one I'm aware of is State Farm...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

"antique car" policy. I had my '59 Beetle

or antique tags and I don't recall them

how much I wanted to insure it for and

I used to have my 74 with Erie. We have our two daily drivers with them and we were on a limited use policy, had to be kept at the house, but not garaged. We switched to Hagerty because we got another Bug and they had way better rates (Erie wasn't really high for car insurance but Hagerty REALLY took it down) but they require it be garaged.

Reply to
ismlv