no start

my 74 type one will not start i turn the key and NOTHING no click nothing battery is good any suggestions on where to look?

jerry

Reply to
<jaylah30

See if the OIL/GEN lights come on.

You can jumper the starter like this:

in NEUTRAL! and wear glasses.) If it cranks now, the starter is OK.

Check that the Red wire push-on is tight on the starter solenoid.

It could be the seat belt Interlock ('74 cars). Look on my web site:

section/Misc/for: How to Bypass seat belt Interlock. If that is already bypassed, the Ignition sw is likely bad. Try wiggling the plug on the bottom of the Ignition lock.

If you trace it to the Ign sw, post back .

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Small wire at the back of the starter Connector corroded.

Do the warning lights dim when you turn the key to the start position? If they do, then the small wire is ok. Possibly low voltage, or corroded solenoid. (The little cylinder shaped thingy on the side of the starter)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Try to see if hot wiring it gets a spark! If so, your ignition switch is bad, common problem.

Reply to
Funkie