Nose cone bushing

I have a question. I need to replace the nose cone seal and bushing in two trikes (mine) Can they be replaced without taking out the motor and trans. Or can I knock out the seal and do a quick fix..

Thanks. Michael

Reply to
Michael Rogers

The repair kit for the nosecone should include two bushings and a seal. The front bushing holds the seal, and yes, it can be replaced without removing the transaxle from the vehicle. Grab the old bushing with some slip-joint pliers and twist and pull and it will come out. A socket of the right size can be used to put the new one in. But the inner bushing cannot be replaced this way, you have to take the nosecone off and remove the shift rod to change it. You need to pull the transaxle to do that. I would say pull it to fix it right. If you want to try and get away with a quick fix you could change the seal and the forward bushing and hope for the best. Make sure you clean up the end of the shift rod where the set screw goes in so it does not have any burrs on it, otherwise you might destroy the new seal during installation.

Good luck with it.

Chris

Reply to
Hal