Not Running Right

I finally got my buggy running and driving but something isn't right. I can't get it out of second gear without it cutting out. Can't decide if it's timing or carb. It seems like it's not getting enough gas, yet, I know the timing is not quite right either. If I have the distributor (009) up where it seems to run good, it won't start. When I roll it back where it will start good, it doesn't seem to run out.

What would you guys suggest?

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

More info:

The closer I get it to 7 btdc, the more I have to open the idle air screw. Is this right? I'm thinking, and the way I'm reading, it is.

Reply to
tcrdn11
Reply to
David Gravereaux

I finally figured it out. I guess my post was more out of frustration than anything. I got the timing back where it should be and got the idle air where it's supposed to be now and everything is fine. Gonna run it some today and then adjust the valves in the morning. It'll have a couple of hundred miles on it by then.

Thanks, < TC

Reply to
tcrdn11