not Vw..but 4 cyl air cooled problem..help please!!

I replaced a burnt exhaust valve in a Wisconsin four cyl air cooled engine ( in my Bobcat) and find the cyl that I worked on is running REAL hot, while the other three run cool and the other three plugs all look good. The plug from the cyl I worked on is running white. Also, I can see the exhaust valve in this cyl and it is white. I have check for "false air" and readjusted the valve clearance, still, runs too hot....If the timing were off, I would think more than just one cyl would run hot??? Am I wrong. I have not adjusted the timing, as I need to run this engine at more than 1800 rpm to adjust it and I hate to run it at all for fear of burning this cyl up. Any advice?? I have been chasing this for a month now....

Thanks for any advice..

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

is this an injected engine(diesel or gasoline?)? if so then check to see that your injector isn't partially blocked or not working properly....if it is not an intake air leak(false air?) then it must be a lean fuel condition to be running that much hotter than the other cylinders....timing *should* not be the problem unless it is crank triggered and has coilpacks... good luck

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Now chris. Im just being a smart butt. But diesels aint got no spark plugs. Sounds kinda like It might have a intake leak, sucking more air than needed making it run Hot which will burn up the valves in a heart beat. Just a guessing. Cant really tell from here......tony

Reply to
Brenda

yeah Tony, i know..but i was running with the gasoline engine theory...LOL(figured if it was actually a diesel the OP would have stated so)(BTW>..welcome back tony, missed your burping)

that is also my thoughts....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Possible restricted exhaust at that cylinder.

Reply to
Douglas