Note to self

Car will not start if you forget to put rotor back in.

Randy

RSMEINER

I did that a long time ago after cam/kit install,,,some expensive head work... carefully prepped everything so it would instatly start to break in the cam/lifters nicely. Took me a bit of cursing before someone said whats this part for. Yea, it needs that too.

Reply to
bumtracks

..............note to Randy..........the beer comes after the tuneup.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Oops.

Randy

RSMEINER

...I have also learned in the past that new points will not fire if you don't remember to plug em in after gapping

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Reply to
ilambert

Won't fire for long or stop firing at the wrong time if you don't tighten them down good either.

Randy

RSMEINER

Even the pros are not immune to those mistakes. Yesterday I saw an episode of American Hot Rod, when they went to start the car and it wouldn't....it took them a minute to figure out it was missing the rotor.

Reply to
greg edmonds