Note to Self

When removing cracked Bay windscreen ( bay window ?) to replace tomorrow, and cover up whole front of bus with blue plastic, note that the gutters still need to empty somewhere....

Doh !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

So, you jack up the front next time !

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Hi James

how easy did you find replacing the glass ? My 78 bay has gone 'milky' round the edges and I hesitate to take on the job myself.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Remarkably straight forward really. Taking glass out involves sitting in front seats with feet pushing top of glass forward, start at top corners & 'walk' across, pushing out slowly. once top edge is out, go back outside & lift out. My old one was laminated, so I just folded it up & put in the wheelie bin!

New seal round new glass, one length of orange B&Q marking line & one small pot of Vaseline. Me & wife put in last night in 20 minutes in the dark. Painless. in fact, easier than re doing the one on the beetle. The key was the quality of the cord you use I think. Also take care you dont pull the other end of the cord through. Tie it onto something.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Cheers James

although you should be carfull with your wording ... vaseline - you and wife - in dark - no pain !

Did you put one of those shiney new heated screens in ? or a used one ?

Rich

btw what van do you have ? do you go to the shows ?

Reply to
Tricky

Damn. Caught out.

Used one, got it for a tenner in a rush for Bug Jam back in July, just didn't quite get round to fitting it ! MOT caught me out, plus the crack was getting a bit nasty.

Tatty yellow 73 westy...here:

also have this.
Only managed Bug Jam and Stanford hall this year due to many clashes. Am going to lay the bus up for 6 months, to get some work done & get back out for springtime !

I want your back garden !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Hee Hee ! it is kinda inviting to fill up though ! As you can see, now I have a firebird to go in it too (if it will fit down the drive - seriously !!! ).

I was at stanford hall this year, and the bus types show in oswestry, but thats it till next year now.

I am taking my 64 and 68 busses off the road for a bit too, gonna use the super for the winter.

Dont say tatty say rat look - its worth more then !

bug looks tidy :-)

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Thanks.... its the daily driver also. Has a couple of parking dings now (mystery ones) and that horrible twin quiet pack has gone for a stainless Euro tuckaway type. Much nicer & doesn't get caught on the speed bumps. Stanford hall made me laugh, as most of the population was from Big Bang, on day release. Aparrently SH got most of the traders as well.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort