Obscure Part? Can you tell me if it is a part?

I am missing the eye that the rear engine cover's latch hook fits into when closing/locking the "trunk". I have a piece of remnant metal, but not eye on the top. The metal left screws into the rear apron, but I talked to Brad's Bugs to see if he had a replacement part and he says they are soldered onto the rear apron. I have checked other web sites and noticed that they sell the latch replacement but not the part that attaches to the apron so I am wondering if what he is saying is true. But, then why does mine screw on?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Kim

Reply to
Kim Watson

Doubt if it ever was soldered, but welded more likely. Anyways, never seen this a replacement part anywhere. A junk yard and a hack saw... You can clean it up and weld it on, or make it adjustable/removable by bolting it on. Anyways, it is not hard to fabricate some sort of replacement.

J.

Reply to
BergRace