Oil Change

Changed the oil on the 67 today. Was detirmined that not one of the 6 nuts was going to fall into the drained oil as per usual this time. Not one of them did, but when tightening them back up, I dropped the ratchet and socket in the oil. Oh well maybe next time. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

On 24 Oct 2004 19:54:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) scribbled this interesting note:

Try these...

Hope this helps!

John Willis

Reply to
Some Dude

Reply to
ilambert

I too did an oil change today. My drain pan has a plastic screen over the opening, but the mesh is open enough that a nut could fall through. While putting fifth nut back on I thought to myself, "I better move the drain pan in case I drop one." So I moved it. Then dropped the nut. And it fell safely onto the ground.

Sometimes you win one, sometimes you don't. I reckon that the number of wins and losses is a universal constant and the universe works hard to keep things in balance. My win balanced your loss. I thank you! Next time it might go the other way, and you'll be the recipient.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

ahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, HO HO HO HO HO HO!!! HEE HEE HEE! Oh, stop! My ribs! AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's a good one!!!! HAHAHAHA! OMFG!!! tHe FUNNY!!!! ROFLPIMP!!!! OMFG!!! ROFL!!!! LOL!!!!

Reply to
Shaggie

Bah, that's nothin. Last week I discover that it is not a good idea to change the oil on a very windy day, and I also discover how light oil can be and what a terrible stains it leaves on the parking lot...... >:(

Ant

Bill Berckman wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant