Oil filler

Does anybody have any cool tricks on removing the oil filler from the gen/alt stand. I see the slotted screw inside the neck of the filler but it's not moving. My wife is in Australia, the kids are in Alabama, and I'm home alone humping my oil filler. Please help. (not with the humping!) Dan

Reply to
EuroBug

Dan,

Have you tried the crossed screwdriver trick? Stick one straight blade screwdriver in each slot and leverage them against each other. I had mine removed by an auto shop because it was stuck so bad. Now it is cracked and must be replaced. Good luck!

Mike Rippe '70 Type II "George"

Reply to
ThreeMile

"EuroBug" wrote

From Speedy Jim's website:

hth

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

sorry, i can offer no help. But i had to reply, because your post had me actually laughing.

Thats just too much man, lol. Good Luck. ~Peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

Get a suitable size large socket, grind the end to match the slots. Socket can still pretty much be used to open regular nuts after that, the "tabs" need to be kept short. (or they will break easily)

Jan

Reply to
Jan