Oil Pressure question

I just bought a Bradley GTII kit car with a 69 type III motor, IRS trans, on a Bug pan. I adjusted the valves and changed the oil, got about 1 quart out :( put 2

3/5 quart in ( the dip stick tube slips up and down so oil level will guess work till I can replace it. Now for the question, The oil pressure runs just under 30lbs at 2000 RPM but drops way down at an idle (10 Lbs or so) is the normal or do I need to repair/replace the oil pump?
Reply to
philaber

Sounds normal to me.

Reply to
Scott H

Also depends on viscosity... I use 20w50. When cold about 40 psi, when driving about 30 psi, when warn @ idle 10-20 psi...

Reply to
Mel P.

Sounds good.

Figure 10 PSI for every 1000 RPM. Anything in that range is OK.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Thanks all for the replies, one less worry! Next will be pushrod tube seals, 10 mile drive with the new oil and the bottom of the motor is covered!

Reply to
philaber