Old VW's not worth much

could be - if someone wants to take it on. i've been through restoration on old cars. it's a lot of work, and it's not cheap.

i wouldn't pay $5k for an early bus that was missing its camper interior. i wouldn't even pay $3k for it unless it was damn near perfect in every other way. and in any case, old cars - even our beloved volkswagens - are only worth what someone's willing to pay for them.

it's extremely rare to get the money back out of a car that you put into it. the market just doesn't work that way.

i think your expectations are way too high, personally.

Reply to
The Queen of Cans and Jars

I saw a complete restoration on TV. It only took an hour!

Okay, just kidding. My custom conversion to a 3-vessel home brewery for the custom car circuit would cost maybe $100,000. So then I might sell it for $50,000, which 1/2 of what it would be worth (to me). Right now I think it's worth $6,000, but the offer is only for $1,500. That's 1/4 what it's worth (to me). Hey, is 1/2 better than 1/4!

Three whole dollars? Let me gift wrap the bus and then I'll get back to you.

I didn't find the Westfalia stuff useful. Mainly it was a lot of weight and took up too much space.

I agree.

Agree again.

If I cut it up for art, then it will make everyone else's worth more for having one fewer on the market.

Reply to
67 bus

When I bought my 67 Bus is was barely more than a shell and I was HAPPY to pay $1k .. It is now a hand painted shell with an engine and tranny and many misc parts in the back, people always ask me if I want to sell, I tell them it doesn't have a price .. I will NEVER sell it. Diane

Reply to
::: whatever :::