One Piece Windows? Information?

Dear Sirs:

Can anyone point me to any information on the installation of the one piece window kits for my 72 bug?

I can't find the instructions that came with the kit that I have..

Thanks,

Ken Hamilton

Reply to
avalanchefan19c

Ken here is the article on the install by John S. Henry

however I would advise you to reconsider or at least look at all the cons of this mod. Also checkout other cars with cal look windows, in person and upclose, try to operate them too. They look cool, but operation and practicality wise leave much to be desired.

Hope this helps, Anton

avalanchefan19c wrote:

Reply to
anton

If you have not cut anything in/on the doors yet, dont!! You will never be happy with them, even if you get the latter kit with molded L/R spec rubber. They leak, rattle and crack! Seriously..

J.

Reply to
Berg

Seriously... they look cool, but they rattle and a pain to roll up. Had them on my 69 and they were a P.O.S.

dw

1966 Type I
dragenwagen

Brazing require quite a bit of heat and will probably warp the panel. Not to mention that this is a tight area and a real pain to get to. Also brazing requires that you clean it up real good as if you dont it will start to corrode and then your door will start rusting out. I suppose you could bent the tab back and weld it. If your doors already have rust in the bottom you might be better off betting a good set of doors that havent been cut for the one-piece windows. Just my .02.

dw

Reply to
dragenwagen

Brazing require quite a bit of heat and will probably warp the panel. Not to mention that this is a tight area and a real pain to get to. Also brazing requires that you clean it up real good as if you dont it will start to corrode and then your door will start rusting out. I suppose you could bent the tab back and weld it. If your doors already have rust in the bottom you might be better off betting a good set of doors that havent been cut for the one-piece windows. Just my .02.

dw

Reply to
dragenwagen

Thanks, to all of you for the information.... I did not realize all of the "con's" to the one piece install..

Thanks Again,

Ken Hamilton

Reply to
avalanchefan19c