Opinions on JBugs?

I'm considering purchasing one of JBugs interior kits. According to the catalog I received from them, they're using TMI products in their kits.

Anyone have any firsthand experience on their quality? Customer service?

Thanks! Larry '71 SB - "Herman"

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

Ben Boyle

They are good guys but sometimes a bit unorganized. They will say they have something in stock or arriving soon and then discover they don't.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Thanks, guys.

Fortunately, I have time to wait to get the stuff here, because I'm not re-doing the interior 'til spring. I'm in the process of collecting all the parts I'll need (including all new rubber, new windshield, door rebuild kits, new dashpad, yadda yadda.)

Larry '71 SB - "Herman"

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from JBugs and have never been disappointed. Including the interior. (New seat covers) They don't have the seatcovers in stock, since many of their orders are for custom or combination colors/materials. When you place your order, they order it from TMI (TMI doesn't sell direct) and ship it when it comes in.

If you have questions about lead time, call them and ask for Gary. (the owner) I've always found him willing to do what he can to help.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

I know of some stores that

send you the wrong parts on purpose if they don't have something in stock. This gives them time to get the right one. Also, many stores don't stock much of anything, they order to fill orders, hence the 3-4 week delay before shipping.

John Aircooled.Net Inc. PS: we would never consider doing either of these!

Reply to
John Connolly

Thanks for this thread. I can't contribute anything to it, but I learned that JBugs is only about 15 minutes from home!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

You're a lucky stiff, Mike! I'm very impressed with everything I've seen regarding their interior kits!

Larry '71 SB - "Herman"

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

The interior of the Wonderbus was restored by the PO and is in great shape. It's for those other little essentials that makes having a real VW parts vendor nearby good tidings.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Reply to
Ilambert