OT And in other news...

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

And it really is quite delicious...

Reply to
Howard Rose

"ate dog, and lived like one too"

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."

- Groucho Marx

Max

Max

Yeah, Travis,............I heard that on the radio today...............Paul Harvey was Talking abo9ut it.

Pretty odd huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:23:06 GMT, MUADIB® left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I guess. I like dogs (as companions/friends), but I can understand really quickly how someone would/could eat one if that's the way they were brought up. Hell, maybe they *do* taste really good. I'm not trying to get anyone stirred up here, seriously. I mean we eat chickens and pigs and stuff like that. I've been toying with the idea recently of buying some escargot (snails...slugs... however you spell it) to try them out. I'll try _almost_ anything once. Believe it or not I have not eaten veal in about 15 years and have refused to eat it ever since I learned exactly what "veal" is and I *LOVE* the taste of veal. But...dog? Yeah, I'd try some. I won't go shoot my next-door-neighbor's dog and grill it up or something stupid like that, but I could see trying some.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:33:23 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

They actually are pretty good. Think about it...they are just slightly more mobile oysters or clams!

As a side story, my in-laws have a place in France up in the mountains. At this house they have a garden. One time they found loads of snails in their garden doing what snails do...eating the plants! They gathered up all they could find and killed them! A while later while doing some shopping they found a vendor selling the exact same kind of snails they had disposed of! As I seem to recall, they bought some of them and had them for dinner!

Really, properly prepared escargot is good. Give it a try. After all, it couldn't be more disgusting than some people seem to think those neckbones are! (This does not include me. I thought that looked quite good!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Veal aint so bad...................Why do you avoid it?

As Far as I know it is harmless to eat it.............

=-Þ

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

A new high in low

- Max Klinger (M*A*S*H)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I accidently ate dog once, years ago in an economically deprived asian pacific island. Not bad really. Mine was grilled over an open fire kind of like shish-ka-bob. The worst part is the dog was a 3 legged stray that I had been feeding for weeks. Turns out that he was to skinny for anyone to bother with until I fattened him up.

Reply to
1974 Std Sunbug

Escargots dipped in hot herb-butter sauce.. pretty good. Just don't think what they used to look like when they were still alive.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Don't know if it's mentioned in that article somewhere, but in some Asian country (forgot which) they breed St.Bernards for food too. Raise them just for that purpose. Well they do get big.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:56:02 GMT, MUADIB® left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Because of the process that is used to "make" veal. Check this out:

are probably a lot more sites like that. It took about 5seconds worth of searching to find that one.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

And your point is????????

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:09:09 GMT, MUADIB® left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Hey, if you want to eat the meat of an animal that's been caged up all of its life and surrounded by its own waste and fed fatty liquids and stuff to make it anemic and given tons of antibiotics to help them stay alive in their disgusting conditions so that they won't contract multiple diseases then....eat up! :-)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

Actually, PETA wants to polarize people so that they go ballistic at _either_ end of the argument. They have no use for resonable people because they can't be milked for money. The extremes are all that make their day: the anti-PETAS feed the PRO-PETAS. The Rest Of Us should just sit aside and watch the show. It's cool, very much like a dog fight! :) Oh, and tasty, too!

Reply to
J Stafford

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:32:33 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Hey, I eat a diet of probably 50% meat and I think peta is a farking joke. This has nothing to do with peta. I think the process to create veal is DISGUSTING. I'd eat chitlins any day now before I'd eat veal even though I *love* the taste of veal. If I had to give up meat or every other food group then I'd kiss the asparagus goodbye and start munching on some (more) country ham. The process to create veal is not a peta fantasy, though. It's pretty rough.

Dude, I don't think you could HANDLE the LCB. How many other cars "out here" have an acronym associated with them that people on this newsgroup recognize? That should be worth something. Maybe?

That'll be the day... I'll give you a ring the day I trade in the LCB on a Jeep. :-O

I think the first part of your post kinda pissed me off but I guess you were just being a smartass like I am so often. I think I just got a little pissed at someone suggesting I might be a peta supporter. I think that organization was probably started with good intentions but that people getting involved in that crap now are idiots that are making the good intentions of the founders a joke. Sorry for starting to respond to you like an ass, like the beginning part of your response seemed to me. ;-) Now get over it or make an ass of yourself like I just did...kinda. LINE UP!

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

Interesting point of view... I like it.

Reply to

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:40:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford) scribbled this interesting note:

Not to mention a self-solving problem when looked at that way!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:48:19 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

stop by the local slaughter house shag...or a pig farm, poultry farm, etc...pretty nasty places...i re-tubes some boilers at a combo facility...it was a "protein plant" and a slaughter house for cattle...they raised them on site....pretty nasty place... J(who still eats tasty cows, LOL)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani