OT: back home from Fla.

.............Well........I got back home to NY from my dad's funeral in Sanford, Fla. last night. It was a sad experience but life goes on. Shoveling a foot of snow off of my driveway this morning was a good way to put things back in perspective here at home. Call it shock-therapy. The local vintage car & hot rod club in Sanford provided several cars in the motorcade to the cemetary after the funeral and even though none of them were VW's, I think that those guys are good examples of what kind of terrific people are drawn toward old cars. My dad didn't care too much for my taste in cars but he always understood how I felt when he saw me going nuts whenever I saw a great looking bug on the road whenever we were riding together. Another moving display that brought tears to my eyes was the tree top level fly-over of four or five old biplanes at the grave site ceremony in a 'missing man' formation. Anyway, I'm back and I'm not going to talk about this episode in my life any more but I'd at least like to thank those of you have expressed their sympathy to me about my dad's untimely death last week.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim,

I missed it, but I want to convey my deepest condolences. I dread when I had to go thru the same thing. I'm very sorry.

john

Reply to
John Connolly

Welcome back Tim...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Welcome hom, Tim. I did not see your earlier post. Clearly your father was well respected and honored. My symapthies for your loss.

John S

Reply to
jjs

sorry for your loss, tim.

Reply to
bob

Like several others, I too missed your earlier post. My thoughts go out to you. As we all learn, our fear of forgetting those lost is unfounded. We will always remember them......daily.......Tim, you never get over it, the hurt doesn't pass, it just get more comfortable over time.....we are all here if you need us....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

...............Thanks Sneaks and all the rest of you who have been sympathetic. You guys are wonderful.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

My sympathies as well. Loss of a father is #1 in the disaster index. My father died at 60 andf I am 55 right now....I miss him as much now as in 85 when he died........we planned many projects together.......Eric

Reply to
Stutzsr

I didn't read the original post, but my sympathies to you and your family :-(

Reply to
Howard Rose

Tim, I haven't been around in this group long enough to be an acquaintence or anything, but I have been around in this body long enough (53 years) to offer my condolences. My dad died a couple years ago and even though we were never close, it was a difficult experience. My advice, uninvited: Keep doing what you have to do -- chop wood, carry water -- and talk about this time when it is appropriate -- people might want to hear this story, and move on. Advice OFF.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot