OT: But I value the opinion of you guys!

.........................They're a necessary evil, sometimes.

.............If those neighbors try to use the legal system to make the most of this situation at Dave's expense, a good attorney working on Dave's behalf would be money well spent.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hmm, you've had 14 year old boys? Please explain.

How so? You must've missed the part where my son and I went over and my son apologized and I told the neighbor we take full responsibility for what happened.

Oh, I have several old cars, truck, motorcycles (all in need of repair) and what's mine is his.

Oh, I get it! In case you don't get it, it was an accident...

I didn't mean to cop an attitude but I sense one in your post (dennis) so I'm only responding to what you have written... After all, I did say I value the suggestions and opinions I receive here. Some more than others! LoL

Dave in WV

Reply to
Race Willy

I have not commented yet, because I don't know much about the American way of insurance and responsibilities in that kind of=20 situations. Hell, I know even less about attorneys and suing people.

Seems that this was an accident and you should not punish your son too hard for it. It must feel quite bad already and what he needs is his dad's support.

To an accident, there is also a reason. Propably the guys were=20 a bit over enthusiastic about starting the car and did not care to take care of all safety precautions. I think as a responsible=20 father, you should discuss these with your son and make sure he understands that when leaving the drivers seat engine running, no matter what, the hand brake must be secured=20 or it must be someway ensured that the car wont start moving by itself. There are also other stuff to remember when=20 tinkering with vehicles.

I hope you and your son can settle this thing with your neighbour and repair all the damage and still remain friendly with them.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Olli, I agree 100%!

It was as much my fault as the boys, maybe more.

Reply to
Race Willy

Olli said what I felt best. It was an accident that never should have happened and would not if the people operating the car were responsible or supervised. I was talking about "being" responsible not "admitting" responsibility. Get a lawyer. Just my opinion of course Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

No offense, but..............

If A frog had wings, he wouldn;t bust his ass everytime he hopped either.

I would definitely deal using a lawyer,.....................if need be, but I think this is like all the "crap" I deal with at work.............No communication = Higher prices and more hard feelings. Good communication = Better pricing for all, and much better will between folks.

( That ain't saying Dave might not need an attourney, Just use it as a second , or even last resort)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®