OT classic ford?

Looks like this?

Pretty neat looking. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Just coming from a scrapyard, needed some vw parts. Between the usual crap on the yard is a little ford van, looks a bit like a vw kombi but the front says ford thames. Chassis looks very decent, paint good, all parts there and fully original, and the price is a bargain. Papers and all are there. Too good to be true? Can anyone point me in the right direction, parts wise (easy to fix, owner says engine blown) or is it a straight keep your hands off, pain in the ass?

Bart Bervoets South Africa

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

bet the wheels look like this one of mine.

Ryan Moore

My guess is that it is the later model:

My grandfather used to run several of them for his business

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Definitly not it, the front is flat, no long nose. Yours

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Were they easy to maintain? In the US it's probably easy to get parts still but what about Bart's location?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I've no idea since I wasn't around in the '60's *grin*

I have a rather nice photo of one of the vans on it's side in a snow bank - with the AA breakdown motorcycle next to it!

Parts? I've only ever seen a handful of those vans in all my time of visiting classic car shows...

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

On second thoughts - body panels will be very hard to find, but mechanics were certainly shared with the rest of the Ford lineup.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

buy it! if its cheap, and complete :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

That's it! Buy or not?