OT - Desktop update

*drool* 153 horsepower / 382 pounds = FUN

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I went and looked at the new yamaha's last week....... gotta get my licence so I can test ride one. :-)

Gary

--

Reply to
Ace

My Suzuki GS650G is in the garage with the cylinder head cover off waiting for valve shims so I can get it back on the road. Hey Travis, I've noticed you're not posting to rec.motorcycles anymore. I see John S. every once in a while. BTW John, good for you for your support of EKIII. Yesterday I started seeing people talking about the annual run, and went and read the story. The latest updates I've seen are from around 2000-2001. Is Eddie still improving, or has he leveled off?

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:03:18 GMT, "Ace" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

That bike has a top speed of ~178 mph. If you don't even have a motorcycle endorsement/license yet them maybe you should start with something a little more tame. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Now that is 1 fast bike. I thought my old Kaw 500 was fast. It was supposed to have a top speed of 160. Anyone remember those Kaw 500's ? 3 Cyl, 2 stroke. Made in the mid 70's and they didn't make very many of them.

And trust me, I didn't ever try to see if it would really do 160. Something about getting hit by a bug or a bird at that speed just never sound very appealing.

Randy

RSMEINER

lol. :-D I've been riding for 6 years,and had my honda rebel for 3 years,(damn thing will only go 80....). Been ridin my dads 650 v-star lately too. I've got a 920 virago I'll be riding as soon as I get an ignition switch(its on the way)...I've had my permit for 4 years. I just haven't tried to get my licence, the course they have you ride through here is 25 feet shorter than its soposed to be, because they don't have enough room for it. and if your over 18 with a valid drivers licence,all thats required is the permit. of course I don't have a drivers licence. :-)

Gary

Reply to
Ace

No it was you. Once or twice?? Your memory's going. :) But yea, it wasn't for very long. I believe it was the "2 days at MSF so far" thread that got to you. I think the same way about some of the people there, but it's like a bad train wreck, I just have to watch.

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:11:47 -0700, Jeckler , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Ah! I just looked back and found the thread you refer to. Yeah, that was me for sure. :-) That was the thread that made it very easy for me to make up my mind about unsubscribing from that group.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

............Wow!............We (including even me?) must be much nicer than those a-hole bikers.

....heh heh

Reply to
Tim Rogers