OT Duplicate messages

Is everyone seeing messages pop up today that they saw a few days ago, or have I suddenly become a psychic and am seeing messages that I envisioned earlier while peering into the future?

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I had the opposite problem. I hardly had any messages this morning. A few weeks ago, I did see about a hundred posts of a thread called OT Traffic Cameras, but don't think those were duplicates. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

~ Is everyone seeing messages pop up today that they saw a few days ago, ~ or have I suddenly become a psychic and am seeing messages that I ~ envisioned earlier while peering into the future?

Funny you should say that cos I just read some messages on another newsgroup that I definitely read before. I assumed I forgot to mark them as read.

Might be something to do with those power cuts in the US, also the news.cis.dfn news server went down the day before yesterday AND our NTL connection totally failed at midnight last night, was working again this morning though.

Reply to
Clare

Ehh more likely someone "reset" a news server and downloaded a fresh batch of message dumps.

this included stuff already downloaded so you browser downloaded this stuff again as new.

happens.

ISP's get their feed from a few major feeds. if they refresh from this feed it could equal a lot of message.

had a cheapo isp NG connection a few years ago do a total refresh on me. that meant a redownload of nearly 40,000 message for one of the groups I read :-) (rocketry forum)

ouch :-)

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr