OT For Sale Sign on Car Illegal

Not in a homeowners association neighborhood, but one guy was given a warning by local police to remove his for sale sign from his car, or be cited. Seems kind of silly to me. Here is link to article in Cincy Enquirer.

Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Lots of cities have that law out here. "advertising a car for sale"

it has spawned a number of interesting ways to try and advertise a car for sale. I've seen some numbers painted on the window $$ 832-555-1212 or buy me 852-555-1212 or Interested? 932-555-1212 I wonder what the ratio of calls (car vs date) are received. or just simply

832-555-1212

I saw a camaro the other day with the words for sale and the number all within a 2" x 4" area on each side of the rear window.

What happens out here is that you'll drive along and see a whole row of cars for sale near some busy intersection. The cars sit there all day and then gone at night. The business owners hate it since all the parking spots for their customers are gone.

Scott '60 DC

Reply to
Scott Fraser

Reply to
still in primer

It's also illegal to do this in some European countries...

Reply to
Howard Rose

that's violation of our Freedom of Speach in the USA; it's unconstitutional if you take them to court on it, but that's a royal PITA for "principle", exactly what they want.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Back in Virginia there was a "law" that made selling your car ILLEGAL if you didn't do it thru a car dealer. They used this selectively as a weapon against guys they wanted to move (imagine that), including me. I asked them if everyone with a car-for-sale ad in the newspaper was breaking the law, and they said YES.

I caved then, but the result would have been a lot different then if I knew what I do now, I can tell you that much. Govt' is getting WAY too big for their britches, and laws/taxes are proof of it.

John Aircooled.Net Inc

Reply to
John Connolly

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:52:58 -0600, "John Connolly" ran around screaming and yelling:

then i break the law quite often...i just sold one today... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Like in Japan. You can only sell your car through car auctions, where you will get the book value for it's condition, depending on the catagory

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe -
Austin Mini DeLuxe -
Austin Mini Super DeLuxe~~ To email me, go to my website ~~
Reply to
Howard Rose