OT Good Service for a change

I have a trailer hitch on my daily driver Escort Wagon to tow the Beetle once in a while with the trusty tow bar. With a 1.9 Liter 4 Cyl engine, the pickup when towing a Beetle is worse than a 1200 cc Beetle. A couple of months ago I went to U-haul to get a light plug put on so I could use lights for the Beetle or rent a trailer to haul something etc.. Last weekend my buddy was following me on the road at night and said that one of my tailights was staying lit and not going on and off. I figured that it must have happened because they screwed up and cut a wire or something when putting the plug on the trailer light plug. I go back to U-haul and they pull it in the shop to take a look. Turns out that it was just a bad bulb. It was one of those dual filiment bulbs. Not only did they not charge me for the service call, but they gave me a bulb for free. The guy said they don't normally sell bulbs, but I guess they took it from the supply parts bin for the rental vehicles. I then asked if I could buy a couple of cotter pins for my tow bar because I have come close to losing one a couple of times. Guy said we don't normally sell those, but you can have one at no charge. You gotta like it when someone cuts you a break once in a while. I will for sure go back to that U-haul next time I need to rent a trailer or something. :o) Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman