OT I'm a professional. Do NOT try this at home.

OK, so not a professional deck builder but I'll bet this thing will last longer than I will. :-)

working on that the last three weekends with my wife. Hoping tofinish the floor joists next Saturday and maybe start on the deckingnext Sunday.

Reply to
Shag

Used to play Rugby with a professional builder. He often said the big difference between an amateur built project and a professionally built one was the amateur version used about 3 times the timber/screws/nails/glue/cement etc needed and was at least 4-5 stronger than it needed to be. Your,re right, rest of house may go but your deck will still be around. That bump in the pool lining, looks about the same as a beetle roof, its not is it? Just joking John

Reply to
John

heh heh It's an inflatable "pillow" that's supposed to um... keep the cover from collecting a bunch of water like it's doing or maybe to keep the cover from contacting the water... like it's doing. *cough*

Reply to
Shag

HELIUM. :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

shag, I tried the pillows, mine always lost air shortly after installing them. I went with one of these (

)and Iactually fill the pool higher then normal and the cover sits on the waterand I just rake the leaves off. this also helps keep the cover from pullingin from the water weight when it rains, I sometimes have to siphon off alittle water, just because I don't want the water to run over the top.something else I found to be a great help is a Polaris 65
it hooks to the waterline that returns the water to the pool, so you still have the skimmer toget the stuff floating on top. every time your pump runs it is stirring upthe stuff on the floor and blowing it into the bag. We have a 15x30 ovalpool

Reply to
David