OT Isabel on the way

Chris, Gary, stock up on beer now!!! Good luck to everyone in the area that's about to get pounded.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

You mean you shagged someone named Isabel thick?? :0)

J.

Reply to
BergRace

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:04:02 +0200, "BergRace" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Maybe somewhere along the way. ;-)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

...........Us NY'ers are starting to get nervous about this one too.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...well normal hurrican preperation (learned while living ing florida) is to buy pizza (so ya have food when the power goes down) ...and yup to buy beer....nothing like a good old fashioned hurricane party =-)))

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:47:42 -0400, Gary Tateosian ran around screaming and yelling:

cold pizza...warm beer....anyone got a bowling ball to make it complete? J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:59:08 -0400, Joey Tribiani left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Uh oh... (I live in Raleigh)

The three-day forecast track shows Isabel's center striking North Carolina's Pamlico Sound -- about 45 miles north of Morehead City and

120 miles east of Raleigh -- at 2 p.m. EDT Thursday, then turning north, slightly inland of Chesapeake Bay.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

We're not worried about it yet in Idaho. Maybe it will get cold enough this winter to stay home for a day or two though....

Neil

Reply to
Neil

travis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Uh oh is right. I have a son stationed on Chesapeake Bay. Check these out...

Isabel, dramatic shot

Hurricane tracker & wx stuff
precip tracker

cloud8

"travis" wrote

Projected path:

Here's where I was planning to be from Thursday until Sunday:

(at the red star ... Ocean Isle, NC)

Hmmm, it might be a good idea to change our plans.

:o)

Reply to
Scott H.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:28:04 -0400, "Scott H." left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Just make sure you go to SOUTH Myrtle Beach. ;-)

*nervous laughter*

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On 16 Sep 2003 14:52:36 GMT, cloud8 left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

We may get lucky:

WTNT43 KNHC 161502 TCDAT3 HURRICANE ISABEL DISCUSSION NUMBER 42 NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

11 AM EDT TUE SEP 16 2003 A NOAA HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT REPORTED THAT THE CENTRAL PRESSURE CONTINUES TO SLOWLY RISE AND THE EYE HAS BECOME POORLY DEFINED ON A RADAR IMAGE TRANSMITTED FROM THE AIRCRAFT. PEAK FLIGHT-LEVEL WINDS WERE 105 KT IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT FROM 7000 FT...WHICH WOULD SUPPORT SURFACE WINDS OF ABOUT 90 KT. THIS MAKES ISABEL A CATEGORY TWO HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW DRY AIR IN THE WESTERN PART OF THE CIRCULATION... AND THE CONVECTION HAS WEAKENED MARKEDLY OVER PAST FEW HOURS. RECENT IMAGES...HOWEVER...SHOW AN IMPROVEMENT IN THE OUTFLOW PATTERN NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER.

THE INITIAL MOTION IS 330/7. THERE HAS BEEN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE TO THE TRACK FORECAST. ISABEL IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF A DEEP-LAYER RIDGE EXTENDING FROM THE CANADIAN MARITIMES SOUTH-SOUTHEASTWARD TO EAST OF THE HURRICANE. A BROAD AREA OF WESTERLY FLOW IS OVER THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN UNITED STATES...WITH A SHORTWAVE TROUGH LIFTING NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES. LARGE-SCALE MODELS INDICATE THAT THE RIDGE SHOULD BUILD WESTWARD AS THE SHORTWAVE LIFTS OUT... WHICH SHOULD CAUSE ISABEL TO MOVE IN A GENERAL NORTH- NORTHWESTERLY DIRECTION THROUGH 72 HR.

WITH THE DETERIORATION OF THE CENTRAL CORE...ADDITIONAL WEAKENING SEEMS LIKELY OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. MOST OF THE MODEL GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO SHOW INCREASING ANTICYCLONIC OUTFLOW OVER ISABEL AS A RESULT OF A DIGGING AND NEGATIVELY-TILTED UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH THAT SHOULD INTERACT WITH THE HURRICANE IN THE 24 HOURS PRIOR TO LANDFALL. FOR THIS REASON...THE OFFICIAL FORECAST ALLOWS FOR SOME RESTRENGTHENING. IT IS POSSIBLE...HOWEVER...THAT THE CIRCULATION COULD BECOME SO DISRUPTED OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO THAT ISABEL WOULD BE UNABLE TO RESPOND TO THE MORE FAVORABLE UPPER-LEVEL FORCING.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

This sucks (just south of Washington D.C.). I had to cancel the big B-day party. Andrews AFB is relocating all our jets to a "secure location". Glad I took some leave this week. Today at Home Depot there was a line around the store for thousand dollar generators. The lady behind the counter said they're not gonna refund people the money after the storm unless something is wrong with the generator. Dan

Reply to
EuroBug