OT Let's see your latest desktops!!

Here's mine:

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

I'll play -- here's mine:

strounged the bug bmp off someone's site - it gives me something tostrive for :)

Remco

Reply to
remco

Ethereal? I use that at work all the time. :-) You can see the "quick launch" icon for it on my desktop. You have a "stuff" folder, too...and some sort of VPN client thingie. Hmm... What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Mine is already posted here:

Just click on the Polychromic thumbnail image and it will show my actual desktop. You can sort of see my computer desktop. Hmmm...okay my computer desktop is here:

Michael Cecil

Ethereal is a good tool - use it a lot. Architect systems but also do the down and dirty writing of software and messing with hardware - I wear many hats.. I have been doing a lot of windowsCE work, getting it to work on our own designs. Currently our application for CE is lab instrumentation.

"Stuff" is where I keep stuff I don't use at that time. Depends on the project I am working on. It has some compilers, some DSP tools, various cad tools, quake and doom to blow off steam :)

You?

Reply to
remco

I test new internet kinda hardware/software before it goes out the door to the public. Been doing that almost 6 years now, and have been with my current employer just over 9 years now. Lots of network setups, manual testing, scripting of tests to automate them. Projects change frequently enough to keep things interesting. Working on testing a billing system thingie right now...about to start testing the feature of http multipart content billing. Just got this neat newtool at work to work for me last week that lets you program statemachines to build your own stack and control it 100% so you can set upcustom defined streams on the wire to test corner-case stuff. Veryneat stuff in a nerdy way. :-D "Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

hahaha! You want to believe, huh? :-) Nice "internet cliche" thingie. I see that picture all the time in comments on

(my favorite website)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

Nice and simple:

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Yeah, I check Fark too. Don't post though. That poster is from when X-Files first came on I guess. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Ok, Mine's a bit boring this time, but it's my photgraphy.

It's a large picture too, for those with dial up, ITS A BIG PICTURE

Now,.............how do you people stand having all that crap on your desktop.................geeez. Minimize the icons and utilize that filing system in your computer..............(that's my thinking anyway. I'm really not suggesting anyone change their way of life. just wondering how you can stand all the icons.)

I thought the whole idea of a desktop wallpaper was to have something that wasn't ugly and boring like the factory wallpapers and stuff.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Niel,............could you send me that jpeg.........as big as it is. I want the full size version if you can. Thanks, make sure and look at the email and modify it to work or send it to terrellster at gmail dot com

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It's right here:

It's actually quite a small pictures, but windows stretches it out pretty good.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

LOL - that's FUNNY!! Remco

Reply to
remco

Thanks Neil. My duaghter'll hate me for that, but I can't resist....LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Ok - here's mine. please excuse the clutter !

Rich

Here's mine:

Reply to
tricky

No VW's unfortunately, but the photo is one of mine :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Couldn't get that link to work, but this direct one finds the image:

Reply to
Red Bug

From the desktop of tom:

Tom Nakashima